Login to start a new topic

Fiddler Anywhere 1.0.1 got stuck on launch

Hello,

Could you please help to start Fiddler on my mac?

I installed Fillder Everywhere v.1.0.1. on my Mac OS Catalina system and launch it, but it stuck with endless 'Please Wait' splash screen. In parallel it configured my network (both HTTP & HTTPS ) to run via proxy 172.0.0.1:8866, but the proxy didn't start  (it stuck with splash screen) and thus no i-net connection available. 

While fiddler was in this endless launching state i opened system.log and noticed following:

Aug 13 10:22:37 macbookZZZ com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.locate[75065]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Aug 13 10:22:37 macbookZZZ com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.locate): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Aug 13 10:22:40 macbookZZZ com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.mdworker.shared.0B000000-0400-0000-0000-000000000000[75019]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[183]

Could you please advise if these logs are related to the fiddler? If yes, why the service was killed?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem. Uninstalling, clearing folders and re-installing did not help. Mmarkust's solution to start VPN after Fiddler Everywhere worked for me.  I am using Pritunl VPN and Carbon Black.

Well, I didn't realize there is a timeout. Seems my session timed out later in the day. I once again had to disconnect from my corp VPN to get Fiddler Everywhere to work. Of course this interrupts my VoIP and corp chat, among other internal corp sites. Could someone explain why we need to log in to your site to use Fiddler Everywhere? Thanks...

The VPN requirement is a significant inconvenience for my team as well. I get the same response to loading the 3 mentioned sites in my browser whether or not I have the VPN running:

https://login.getfiddler.com/ => "Cannot GET /" message
https://api.getfiddler.com => Login dialog appears 
https://auth.getfiddler.com/ => Page is blank. Browser tab shows the page title is Signin 

Would it be possible for Fiddler to time out and fall back to Free tier mode when this problem happens?

The three getfiddler URLs that Garo mentioned look the same in my browser whether or not I have the VPN running, but Fiddler only starts with the VPN off.

Yes Deanna, same for me on the URLs. While it was mentioned to whitelist some endpoints, getting a large corporation to do this will not likely happen, I would think the option of having an option to disable the login would easily correct the issue.

Hey everyone,

The team recently introduced version 1.1.0, which comes with fixes from some previously unsupported network scenarios. For example, with the new release, Fiddler Everywhere will now work in cases where there is a pre-set proxy configuration. It will support multiple active network adapters and support the VPN setup (see this KB article). 

However, an active internet connection is still required (due to the login endpoints), and also some scenarios where the internet access on Mac depends on PAC might not work correctly. Let us know if you are experiencing an issue with the latest 1.1.0 version (and in such cases, please provide details on your network configuration - proxy settings, used VPN & security tools, etc.,)

Login to start a new topic