Login to start a new topic

Snapshot doesn't work in FiddlerCap (Windows)

Hello,

I used Fiddler for  research before bug fixes . But Fiddler doesn't work in Customer's PC.On details We could not save the snap shot. 

WE check the SAZ file. But snapshot Log didn't exist in a SAZ.

1 person has this question

Hi,Nick,

Sorry for my late reply.

To answer the above question, we are using FiddlerCap to try to identify the problem.

Operationally, when the oracle application freezes,

The operator manually press the snapshot button from Fiddler Cap in another window.

So far, even if the oracle application is frozen

Fiddler Cap is running

The machine itself is not frozen, so it is working properly.

However, the image was not saved when the operator pressed snapshot.

We suspect that FiddlerCap is not working due to security software and interfering settings.
Are there any similar cases or recommended settings when using FiddlerCap?

Regarding: Are there any similar cases or recommended settings when using FiddlerCap?

I can't recall similar cases, but a 3rd-party security tool or issue outside FiddlerCap is likely preventing the screenshot capability.

Note: Fiddler Jam beta is now live - perhaps you could test if the screenshot functionality is working with Fiddler Jam?

I'm sorry
It is difficult to introduce the upper beta version and check the capture operation due to customer settings.
Is there any other way to check the problem?

I have tried FiddlerJam in an Oracle Service Cloud application,

But couldn't capture. Can it only be captured in a Chrome browser?

This happens Is it just beta? 

When is the release date of Fiddler Jam?

Fiddler Jam is now officially published - you can lear more from the following sources:

Fiddler Jam landing page: https://www.telerik.com/fiddler-jam

Fiddler Jam documentation:  https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler-jam/introduction

Fiddler Jam Chrome Extension page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fiddler-jam/fnkjlegmkbicdodlheligomlfbdblpfj

Fiddler Jam consist of an extension (can be used free by everyone to capture Chrome traffic) and by the Jam dashboard site (a cloud space for organising, investigating and collaborating on the provided extension logs)

Fiddler Jam Is it possible to capture the connection status of the application as well as the fiddler cap?
I'm considering using it,

I would like to know the flow of using the product.

After purchasing the license,

Downloading and using the FiddlerJam application

Is it possible to check the communication of another application?

Fiddler Jam is a solution for Google Chrome (or other compatible Chromium browsers like Edge, Brave, etc.). There are two parts of Fiddler Jam:

- a Chrome extension that can be used by everyone to capture and share logs from the browses

- a Dashboard site, where Jam users with subscriptions can inspect, share, and deep-dive in the provided logs.

The whole Jam story can be found on the official Fiddler Jam page and in the related documentation.

I tried to solve a business problem using FiddlerJam,

The problem was occurring on the client application and could not be resolved by FiddlerJam.

Is there any other way?

So far, Fiddler Everywhere does not support taking screenshots, and FiddlerJam is a Chrome extension that can be used only from a Chromium-based browser. Perhaps a 3rd-party screenshot tool will be needed to capture the screen on the client's side. By the way, is the issue (that the client tries to report) happening in a browser or another application?

Thank you for your answer.

I have some question.

・What is a SAZ file?

・What information can be obtained through SAZ files?

・What should I do to create the same information I get using Snapshot with FiddlerCap?

A detailed description of the SAZ file is published here. Basically, a SAZ file is an archive that contains the raw files (client and server requests) and the metadata files. The snapshots created via FiddlerCap are stored as a localhost session (that includes a JPG image).

Is image data (jpg) the only information that can be obtained from snapshots button ?

Snapshots are required for communication analysis of customers who cannot take snapshots.

Can I get the same information if I take a screenshot with another screenshot tool?

Login to start a new topic