Login to start a new topic
Answered

Fiddler Root Certificate NOT trusted successfully

Hello, I tried to install the certificate automatically in the FE settings and manually. It is in my keychain and is trusted but "Fiddler Root Certificate NOT trusted successfully" keep appearing in FE.

I tried to uninstall/install the certificate and FE multiple times.


In the logs I have this error: 

Error when trying to check if certificate is trusted: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 47, position 23.

 What can I do?

Thank you very much!

log
(4.32 KB)
log
(8.98 KB)

Best Answer

Hi Nick,


I executed the command and inspected the file. I noticed there were several old trusted certificates that I do not need anymore, so I deleted them in the keychain and re-exported the trust settings to have a shorter and cleaner document. Before sending you the XML I tried one last time and it's now working... I don't really understand why, but I guess cleaning up unused certificates did the trick...


Thank you very much for your help!


Hello J.feral,


The error indicates that there is an issue with the XML file produced from the security terminal command. It looks like an encoding issue, but it is hard to pinpoint the exact reason why this might be happening.

You could check the output from the command below and send me the output file privately at nikolay.iliev at progress.com. Please do not share the output file publicly as it contains private data that should not be shared with everyone.


To produce the XML file that is related to the error run the following command in your terminal:


security trust-settings-export /tmp/trustSettings.xml


The above will output the trustSettings.xml file in your tmp directory (or you could pass your path). Again do not share the file here but instead investigate the output yourself or send it to us at the email posted above.

Answer

Hi Nick,


I executed the command and inspected the file. I noticed there were several old trusted certificates that I do not need anymore, so I deleted them in the keychain and re-exported the trust settings to have a shorter and cleaner document. Before sending you the XML I tried one last time and it's now working... I don't really understand why, but I guess cleaning up unused certificates did the trick...


Thank you very much for your help!

Login to start a new topic