forgot to mention I use Fiddler Everywhere PRO
Fiddler Everywhere doesn't support reverting to previous versions. Howver, It doesn't sound like an issue caused by the Fiddler Everywhere update, as the concept and the implementation behind the preconfigured browser instance were not changed.
Try the following:
- Clear all rules and filters.
- Test the preconfigured browser functionality through another Chromium browser for macOS like Brave.
- Create a screencast that demonstrates the issue with any site and compare the performance when using system capturing (Live Traffic toggle) vs. preconfigured browser capturing (Open Browser).
- Observe your macOS activity monitor for any spikes in the memory or CPU usage when the problematic browser instance works.
- Ensure that you have download and installed the proper version of Fiddler Everywhere - as of version 3.4.0 Fiddler Everywhere is also offered for M1 with Apple Silicon chips.
- Ensure that you have download and installed the proper version of Chrome - as of now Google Chrome is also offered for M1 with Apple Silicon chips.
After clicking on "Open browser " in Fiddler Everywhere, I manage to do one manipulation before it gets stuck. I have to force quit it and start over just to see that it gets stuck again. I use Mac M1 version 12.5 (21G72). Could it be that the last update, which was released on August 10, 2022, had something to do with it, and how can I go back to the previous version?