I’m trying to use Fiddler to capture traffic for a Microsoft Support case. I’ve installed Fiddler, and I can see it work when browsing with Firefox, but I am unable to see HTTPS traffic which is being sent from my Java application. I have attempted to install the Fiddler certificate – it seems to be present – but I still don’t see the traffic.
Here are the details of my setup:
I work on a Windows laptop. On this laptop, I have an Ubuntu 20.04 Linux VM running in VMWare. My application runs here. My Windows laptop is logged into my corporate network over a VPN. I’ve installed Fiddler on Linux. I’ve downloaded and installed the Fiddler certificate as instructed here: https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler-everywhere/get-started/quickstart-linux#capturing-secure-traffic
This refers to a “system proxy” – I don’t know much about this, or whether any changes need to be made to that.
I’m trying to capture traffic that goes over TLS to a few Microsoft APIs (login.microsoftonline.com, graph.microsoft.com).
I don’t see any errors in the logs from Fiddler, and I’m really not sure what I might be doing wrong. I haven’t found anything useful for this problem on stackoverflow or in the Fiddler discussion pages.